( CNN Newsource) – First it was onions and now, it’s lemons, limes, oranges and red potatoes.
The FDA has announced a voluntary recall by Freshouse II LLC due to a potential listeria contamination.
The recall was issued after Freshouse found Listeria monocytogenes on a piece of equipment at one of its packing facilities, according to a statement on the FDA website.
“We voluntarily issued this recall out of an abundance of caution with the steadfast intent to minimize even the slightest risk to public health,” Freshouse President Jamey Friedman said in a statement.
The recalled products were shipped directly to retailer distribution centers in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia and to wholesalers in Maryland and North Carolina. Affected products include Freshouse limes, Nature’s Promise Organic limes, Fresh from the Start red potatoes and lemons, as well as Wegmans lemons and California Valencia oranges.
Specific details and pictures of the recalled products can be found here.
- 3 young children found dead in Reseda; LAPD releases photo of person of interest
- Get paid $2,400 to watch true crime shows
- Old Navy responds to the first-grader asking for girl jeans with real pockets
- Dr. Pepper releases 3 flavors of zero sugar soda
- Stimulus checks: Missing a payment? File an IRS trace to track it down