( CNN Newsource) – First it was onions and now, it’s lemons, limes, oranges and red potatoes.
The FDA has announced a voluntary recall by Freshouse II LLC due to a potential listeria contamination.
The recall was issued after Freshouse found Listeria monocytogenes on a piece of equipment at one of its packing facilities, according to a statement on the FDA website.
“We voluntarily issued this recall out of an abundance of caution with the steadfast intent to minimize even the slightest risk to public health,” Freshouse President Jamey Friedman said in a statement.
The recalled products were shipped directly to retailer distribution centers in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia and to wholesalers in Maryland and North Carolina. Affected products include Freshouse limes, Nature’s Promise Organic limes, Fresh from the Start red potatoes and lemons, as well as Wegmans lemons and California Valencia oranges.
Specific details and pictures of the recalled products can be found here.
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community
- Sunny weather for the rest of the week
- FEMA grants extension for Surfside Beach Pier project
- NASCAR announces full 2021 schedule, 36 races with 3 new tracks involved
- Coast RTA starts new route on Oct. 1 from Myrtle Beach through Carolina Forest to Sea Mountain Hwy