FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – Two people are dead following a crash in Florence County.
The crash happened on Paper Mill Road and Timberwood Road in Florence County, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken.
On Thursday, the Florence County Coroner’s Office identified the two people who died as Hunter Smith, 22, and Timothy Thompson, 63, both of Pamplico.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol’s Real-time Traffic website shows that troopers responded to a crash at that location just around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Troopers say only one vehicle, a 2004 Ford, was involved. The Ford was traveling southbound on Paper Mill Road when the vehicle ran off the left side of the road and overturned multiple times, throwing all occupants out of the vehicle.
Four people were in the vehicle before it overturned. None of them were wearing a seat belt, according to troopers. Two of the occupants died and the two others were hospitalized.
It’s not clear at this time who the driver was, but the investigation by highway patrol and its Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team (MAIT) continues.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Newsfeed Now: Police reform debate heads to Senate, kidnapped Louisiana boys found in Florida
- White House COVID-19 team to brief public as states ease restrictions
- Horry County police ask for help solving deadly Longs shooting
- Deputies: Florence County man sexually assaulted 11-year-old, then paid her to stay quiet
- Cuomo aides altered nursing home report to hide COVID death count, reports say