MULLINS, SC (WBTW) – Three Marion County Detention Center staff members have been recognized for saving an inmate’s life.
An inmate was found unresponsive in his cell on Saturday evening at the detention center, according to a post on the Marion County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page. Sgt. Alexander, Cpl. Williams, and PFC. Smith performed CPR and revived the inmate.
“Within moments the inmate was revived and alert. Without the life-saving efforts of these dedicated officers the outcome would have been drastically different,” the post said. “We commend these officers and their heroic actions.”
- Researchers develop new test that tells patients what level of COVID-19 to expect
- Marshall University to remove the name of a building named after Confederate Army general
- Palmetto Games rosters set for event on August 22-23 in Sumter
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- Body found near Hwy 301 in Dillon County Sunday morning