MULLINS, SC (WBTW) – Three Marion County Detention Center staff members have been recognized for saving an inmate’s life.
An inmate was found unresponsive in his cell on Saturday evening at the detention center, according to a post on the Marion County Sheriff’s Office’s Facebook page. Sgt. Alexander, Cpl. Williams, and PFC. Smith performed CPR and revived the inmate.
“Within moments the inmate was revived and alert. Without the life-saving efforts of these dedicated officers the outcome would have been drastically different,” the post said. “We commend these officers and their heroic actions.”
- Arrest made in connection with shooting that left Bennettsville 18-year-old dead
- 3 soldiers killed, 3 more injured in training accident in Georgia
- 11-month-old baby shot 4 times in Philadelphia, in critical condition
- Police: Person stabbed after refusing to hand over money in Myrtle Beach
- Authorities searching for endangered 72-year-old man last seen in Sumter