DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – Three students were taken to a hospital after showing symptoms of “heat-related issues” at a Darlington High School band practice, the district said.
During band practice at Darlington High School on Wednesday morning, “several students showed symptoms of heat-related issues,” according to Audrey Childers, with the Darlington County School District. EMS was called and three students were taken to a hospital “for observation.”
The remaining students “are fine” and will be released after being provided lunch.
“The district and schools take heat issues seriously and have preventative measures in place to protect the students and staff,” Childers said. “We appreciate the quick and thorough response of the local emergency services.”
- Horry County looks to update comprehensive plan for maintaining its beaches
- Denver mayor tells public to stay home, then flies to see his family
- Health officials report close to 4,000 COVID-19 cases among students, staff at SC schools
- Police: Man forced his way into Myrtle Beach hotel, kidnapped 2 people
- Police: Man charged after reportedly taking family from hotel at gunpoint