FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) - The American Heart Association donated more than 250 athletic balls to the Boys and Girls Club of Florence on Tuesday.
Catherine Ramsey, with the American Heart Association, says in a press release the balls were donated by employees of ABB and attendees of the 2018 Pee Dee Heart Ball as part of the “Bring a Ball to the Ball” campaign. The campaign is locally sponsored by ABB and works to encourage children to be active and play sports.
Donations included soccer balls, footballs, volleyballs, and basketballs.
Decar Brown, the Director of Operations Pee Dee Area Boys and Girls Club “ It helps our budgets out cause we run through basketballs and footballs and kick balls and dodge balls. I don’t know if you really understand the number of basketballs that we have to purchase so anytime you get a group like the Heart Association to come in and donate all these balls it’s great for us.“
McColl shooting stems from social media
Darlington County deputy named Deputy of
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- McConnell withdraws Trump judicial pick minutes before vote
- Rosenstein defends charging foreign agents US can't arrest
- Hawaii town hopes lava tourism will bring economic relief
- Raccoon in Florence County may have exposed 3 people to rabies, DHEC says