MARION COUNTY, SC (WBTW) — Authorities have released the identity of a teen killed on Tuesday while walking along Highway 501.
Emmanuel Tart, 18, of Marion County, was killed, according to Jerry Richardson, the coroner for Marion County.
Tart was struck by a 2016 Nissan at about 6:18 p.m. Tuesday near Admiral Loop, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol. Troopers said Tart was walking illegally in the roadway at the time.
- North Carolina DOT reimbursed $3M for road repairs following Hurricane Florence
- Where to get tested for COVID in our area through the end of January
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- CCU President, Michael Benson, tests positive for COVID-19
- 1 in custody after Florence store clerk robbed at knife point