DILLON, S.C. (WBTW) — Multiple people were injured after a car crashed into Zaxby’s in Dillon Monday afternoon, according to Dillon Police Department Chief David Lane.
Five people were transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to Dillon Fire Department Chief Keith Bailey. The crash happened around 3:15 p.m. at the Zaxby’s on Radford Blvd.
Chief Bailey said the car crashed into the dining room and then into the kitchen.
“We are devastated by the news of the [crash] at our Radford Boulevard location in Dillon, South Carolina,” Zaxby’s said in a statement to News13.
The company said several team members were injured and are being treated at local hospitals.
“We are working with local law enforcement and first responders,” the company said. “Our hearts and prayers go out to all involved and their families.”
Police Chief David Lane said the driver will not be charged.
There is no word on what caused the crash. Count on News13 for updates.
LATEST PEE DEE HEADLINES:
- Garth Brooks set to perform at Biden inauguration, says it’s ‘not a political statement’
- Anti-abortion faith leaders support use of COVID-19 vaccines linked to cell lines
- Myrtle Beach purposes first-ever bike and pedestrian lanes for downtown streets
- South Carolina reports 2,946 new cases of COVID-19 and 8 additional deaths
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?