CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Chesterfield County leaders have enacted a curfew for unincorporated areas of the county “in an effort to cope with and curb the spread” of the coronavirus.
The curfew will be in effect starting Wednesday, March 25 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. each day until further notice, according to Chesterfield County Council’s office. “The curfew does not apply to travel to/from work, medical providers, pharmacies, or similar locations, nor is the curfew an order that any business, industry, etc. close during the curfew hours.”
Last week, towns in Robeson and Scotland counties in North Carolina issued similar curfews. Read more here.
- Crews responding to apartment complex fire in Horry Co.
- Combating coronavirus: VA orders hospitals to open to civilians in virus-stricken states
- Lawmakers pressure Bureau of Prisons to stop inmate transfers
- All 787 operations at Boeing South Carolina to be temporarily suspended starting Wed.
- LIVE: President Trump, White House coronavirus task force hold Monday briefing