CHESTERFIELD AREA, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead following a wreck Friday in Chesterfield County.
Troopers responded to the collision around 3:17 p.m. Friday on Zoar Road near Brocks Mill Road just over two miles east of Chesterfield, according to Highway Patrol.
The wreck happened when the driver of a Ford F-150 failed to yield at a stop sign and struck a Ford Mustang heading south on Zoar Road, according to Master Trooper Gary Miller.
The driver of the F-150 was pronounced dead on scene. He was identified as Charles Michael Nivens, 55, of Cheraw, according to Chesterfield County Coroner Kip Kiser. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
The driver of the Mustang was taken to an area hospital by EMS.
Authorities don’t plan to press charges in connection with this wreck.
- Florence Black Lives Matter mural to be removed
- DHEC: 62 new cases of COVID-19 for Horry County, 921 statewide
- President Trump releases full CBS ’60 Minutes’ interview ahead of air date
- 2020 Voter’s Guide: Who is on your local ballot on Nov. 3
- All lanes of Hwy 17 Northbound shutdown after collision in North Myrtle Beach