MARION, SC (WBTW) – Plumbing is back up and running following a blockage Saturday at the Marion County Detention Center.
That sparked some concern on social media following reports that there were backups and no clean water.
This post from Mykaylee Elliot garnered over 100 shares after she posted it Saturday morning. She said a loved one there told her about the issues.
Sheriff Brian Wallace told News13 over a text message that the maintenance department and plumbing company worked to resolve the issue.
By 3 p.m. Saturday, the Sheriff said things were in working order again. He said the problems were caused by either a towel or part of a sheet being flushed down a toilet.
- DHEC: South Carolina sees 628 new COVID-19 cases
- LIVE BLOG: President Trump lands in Fayetteville ahead of Lumberton rally
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Trump supporters line up before dawn to hear president speak in Lumberton
- One more sunny day before the rain arrives