DILLON COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – The pedestrian who was struck and killed along I-95 in Dillon County over the weekend has been identified.
Felicia Danielle Snow, 27, of Rochester, NY, died from injuries after being struck by a vehicle, according to Dillon County Coroner Donnie Grimsley.
The wreck happened around 9:30 a.m. Saturday near mile marker 198, according to Lance Cpl. Matt Southern of SCHP.
Two people were standing in the median behind a tow truck which was ‘legally parked,’ according to Highway Patrol.
That’s when a 2013 Ford pick-up truck with two people inside ran off the road. Highway Patrol said the truck hit both pedestrians, killing one on scene.
Highway Patrol said the pickup truck then re-entered the northbound side of the interstate, where it was struck by a tractor-trailer.
Both occupants of the pick-up, along with the other pedestrian were taken to McLeod Hospital in Dillon.
The crash is still being investigated by Highway Patrol with the help of their Multi-disciplinary Accident Investigation Team.
- 9th Circuit ends California ban on high-capacity magazines
- Firefighters: Playground equipment can reach dangerous temperatures, cause 2nd-degree burns in seconds
- Governor McMaster talks PPE, school reopening during visit to Johnsonville Middle School
- Coastal Carolina football to face Kansas on September 12, Jayhawks will come to Conway in 2021
- Entire Nevada neighborhood changes porch lights to blue to support law enforcement