LAKE CITY, SC (WBTW) – Crews on the scene where a man fell into a grain bin in Lake City have confirmed that the man has died, according to Fire and Rescue Services Coordinator for Florence County Sam Brockington, Jr. The man’s body has been removed from the bin.
Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken identified the man as 25-year-old Andrew Rupard of Timmonsville. His body will be autopsied at MUSC in the coming days. The Coroner’s Office along with OSHA will be investigating this as a work related death.
The incident happened shortly after 9 a.m. Monday at Southeastern Grain Company. Rescue crews were able to remove the person from the bin at about 2:30 p.m.
The Florence County Sheriff’s Office, South Lynches Fire Department, Windy Hill Fire Department Howe Springs Fire Department and Olanta Fire Rescue responded to the area of Scurry Road between Lake City and Olanta, according to Brockington.
The Florence County Coroner’s Office is on the scene, according to Coroner Keith von Lutcken.
The Florence County Sheriff’s Office will investigate how the incident happened.
This is a developing story.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- ‘He always had us’: Horry County police officers remember Officer Melton ‘Fox’ Gore at public visitation
- (19) Missouri shoots well, takes down South Carolina, 81-70
- CPD: Suspect wanted for string of crimes injured in officer-involved shooting