FLORENCE COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — A garbage truck driver was at fault for a crash involving a South Carolina Highway Patrol vehicle in Florence County Tuesday morning, according to deputies with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies said the garbage truck was stopped at a stop sign on S391 southbound. The SCHP vehicle was traveling west on S31 when the garbage truck “failed to yield to the right-of-way,” causing the trooper to hit the side of the garbage truck.
Injuries were reported in the crash but the extent of the injuries is unknown.
No other information is available at this time.
LATEST PEE DEE HEADLINES:
- Crews respond to fire at old poultry house in Darlington County
- ‘It’s a trend that’s unacceptable:’ Darlington County deputies developing plans to combat violence
- Two remaining persons of interest in Florence County double homicide in custody
- Florence City Council extends mask ordinance until further notice
- South Florence grad Will Hardee, FMU break (13) UNC-Pembroke’s 16-game winning streak, 8-7