DILLON COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Dillon County Council canceled a meeting Monday night where they were expected to discuss removing the current county administrator.
“The majority of county council has come to me with concerns about the administrator that I did look into,” said Stevie Grice, chairman, “but it is apparent that the willingness of council is not there to make a change in the position.”
Grice said, as in the past, he will continue to work with the administrator “to make Dillon County the best it can be.”
According to a meeting agenda sent out earlier from Dillon County Council, the removal of county administrator Wilson “Tony” Clyburn was to be discussed at a meeting. The agenda also said an interim county administrator will be appointed.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Deputies make multiple arrests in extensive SC child pornography investigation
- Trump says he’s terminating agreement with World Health Organization
- Suspect wanted in January convenience store robbery taken into custody
- CDC now projects more than 123,000 coronavirus deaths in US by mid-June
- President Trump says U.S. will terminate relationship with World Health Organization