HARTSVILLE, SC (WBTW) – A Sonoco employee is being treated for burns after an incident at the company’s Hartsville facility Sunday morning.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Sunday, when employees were cleaning up material from below a paper machine, company spokesperson Roger Schrum told News13 in an email.
That’s when the employee ‘slipped and fell into a shallow opening where heated condensates collects.’ That resulted in burns to the victim’s leg, hand and shoulder.
Darlington County EMS responded and treated the victim on scene, before having him airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center.
No word on the man’s condition. Sonoco safety officials are investigating the incident.
Count on News13 for updates as we learn more.
- After worst travel year on record, national hotel group warns of slow recovery due to COVID-19
- Pee Dee pharmacies waiting on vaccine doses
- Woman accused of killing husband in Florence released from jail on bond
- Chase for the Championship | Virginia sends strong message to ACC
- Florence police search for missing man last heard from a month ago