HARTSVILLE, SC (WBTW) – A Sonoco employee is being treated for burns after an incident at the company’s Hartsville facility Sunday morning.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Sunday, when employees were cleaning up material from below a paper machine, company spokesperson Roger Schrum told News13 in an email.
That’s when the employee ‘slipped and fell into a shallow opening where heated condensates collects.’ That resulted in burns to the victim’s leg, hand and shoulder.
Darlington County EMS responded and treated the victim on scene, before having him airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center.
No word on the man’s condition. Sonoco safety officials are investigating the incident.
Count on News13 for updates as we learn more.
- Clouds and showers to start the week
- Myrtle Beach is the best city in SC for singles, study says
- Man arrested for hitting man’s back side walks out on tab next night: MBPD
- Horses going to new home after North Carolina neighbors complain of conditions
- Husband speaks out after wife accused of tossing baby from car in Cumberland County in 1999