HARTSVILLE, SC (WBTW) – A Sonoco employee is being treated for burns after an incident at the company’s Hartsville facility Sunday morning.
It happened around 7:30 a.m. Sunday, when employees were cleaning up material from below a paper machine, company spokesperson Roger Schrum told News13 in an email.
That’s when the employee ‘slipped and fell into a shallow opening where heated condensates collects.’ That resulted in burns to the victim’s leg, hand and shoulder.
Darlington County EMS responded and treated the victim on scene, before having him airlifted to the Augusta Burn Center.
No word on the man’s condition. Sonoco safety officials are investigating the incident.
Count on News13 for updates as we learn more.
- Police respond to report of robbery at Myrtle Beach area Dunkin Donuts
- Crews respond to water main break in Conway, burn ban in place until repairs made
- Several suspected cases of vaping-related illness reported at upstate SC hospital
- NC dad finds 3 teens passed out in running car – his message after the discovery
- SC lawmakers set to tackle issues with early childhood education