DARLINGTON, SC (WBTW) – An employee was taken to a hospital after suffering an injury at a Darlington County hemp processing plant.
Officers responded to Specialty Oil Extractors, LLC around 10 p.m. on January 13 for an incident involving an employee, according to a report from the Darlington Police Department. When approaching the employee, police noticed him sitting in a chair and holding his left arm with his shirt sleeve “dripping what appeared to be blood.”
Officers applied a tourniquet to try and stop the bleeding before EMS crews arrived. The employee was transported to MUSC in Florence.
Officers were told the employee was trying to adjust a conveyor belt, when his arm was pulled into the machine.
According to DHEC, Specialty Oil Extractors, LLC is a hemp processing plant.
No information on the condition of the employee is available.
- 4 injured in crash near Socastee; drivers asked to avoid area
- Large police presence for ‘disturbance’ at Myrtle Beach hotel
- In the Pee Dee, high school football ‘is huge not only for the community, but our kids’
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Deputies investigate deadly shooting at mobile home park near Lumberton