FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – A second candidate has thrown her hat into the ring for the race to be the next Mayor of Florence.
On Tuesday, Florence City Council Member Teresa Myers Ervin announced her campaign for the position of mayor. Current mayor Stephen Wukela recently announced he would not seek reelection.
“What I am going to bring to the mayorship is continuance progress for the city,” said Ervin. “We’re at a point right now that we are really growing and we are blooming and I wanna see that continue and being involved with the start of it, our renaissance, I know what needs to be done and I can do it.”
Ervin will be facing off against fellow City Council Member George Jebaily.
Filings for the November 2020 general election open in March and primaries will be held in June.
- Police investigate armed robbery at Ruby Tuesday in Florence
- Cold weather returns tonight
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- Baby hit by car as mom, dad argue over custody in North Carolina, deputies say