MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (WCBD/WBTW) – Emergency crews responded to an explosion on a boat at the Charleston Harbor Resort Marina.
Authorities say the incident happened at the fuel docks Sunday just before 9:00 p.m.
Three people were injured and transported to an area hospital for treatment. Mike Mixon, with the Mount Pleasant Fire Department, said the fire was out when crews arrived.
Florence County Chief Deputy Glen Kirby tells News13 an investigator with the Florence County Sheriff’s Office was one of those injured and suffered a dislocated shoulder in the incident.
Kirby said the other two people injured suffered burns.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Jamie Foxx speaks about health scare in emotional speech: ‘I couldn’t actually walk’
- Suspect jailed after man beaten, robbed outside Myrtle Beach convenience store
- Man denied bond in connection to deadly April shooting in Dillon
- South Carolina included in multi-state recall for Ford vehicles
- State Attorney General’s Office takes over wiretapping case of South Carolina county’s IT director