FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) - Weather was the big story in Florence County overnight Saturday, with people waking up to more water in their yards Sunday morning.
According to the National Weather Service, six to eight inches fell in a six-hour period in some areas.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning for parts of Florence, reporting that the intersection of East Palmetto and Kemp Street was underwater with several cars stranded.
That warning was lifted early Sunday morning, but up to an inch with pockets of two to three inches could fall later Sunday.
At one point thousands of customers were without power in areas along I-95, Hwy 76, and Hwy 52.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Benjamin Smith new CEO of Air France-KLM, unions concerned
- Mattis says further Taliban assaults likely in weeks ahead
- Amid turmoil, USA Gymnastics takes small steps forward
- NFL players, coaches protecting skin on every given sun day