SUNDAY 4 P.M. UPDATE- Florence officials say the Boil Water Advisory has been lifted.
Lab samples testing the water have come back with favorable results, according to Florence Utilities Director Michael Hemingway
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – Crews in Florence continue to work on a water main break on Palmetto Street as a Boil Water Advisory is issued to those in the immediate area.
Florence Utilities Director Michael Hemingway told News13 the water main break happened at 1509 West Palmetto Street.
He added customers who live between 1400 West Palmetto Street and 1551 West Palmetto Street are impacted by the Boil Water Advisory.
The break was initially reported to be on a six-inch pipe, but further investigation showed it is on a 12-inch cast-iron main.
The pipe is split in two locations within three feet of each other, according to Hemingway.
The city is now working to remove a five-foot section of the pipe and replace it with two repair claps.
Water service is expected to be restored by 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
The Boil Water Advisory is in effect until Sunday evening.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Living Local Carolina: Carolina Trust Federal Credit Union Partners With Help 4 Kids
- 9th Circuit ends California ban on high-capacity magazines
- Firefighters: Playground equipment can reach dangerous temperatures, cause 2nd-degree burns in seconds
- Governor McMaster talks PPE, school reopening during visit to Johnsonville Middle School
- Coastal Carolina football to face Kansas on September 12, Jayhawks will come to Conway in 2021