FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) - A Florence School District One principal is on leave after being charged with leaving the scene of an accident, according to officials.
According to a press release from Pam Little with FSD1, Sneed Middle School Principal, Hayley Cagle is on paid administrative leave, after she was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Cpl. Sonny Collins with the South Carolina Highway Patrol, the accident happened on May 20, in the early morning hours on Brier Leaf Road in Florence. Cagle supposedly struck a parked car then left the scene, the owner noticed the damage later that day. The Highway Patrol's investigation led them to arrest Cagle on Friday.
She will remain on leave while the case is being investigated by both the school district and South Carolina Highway Patrol.
According to the Florence County Detention Center website, Cagle was admitted then released on a personal recognizant bond, Friday afternoon.
Stay with News13 for updates on this story.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Benjamin Smith new CEO of Air France-KLM, unions concerned
- Mattis says further Taliban assaults likely in weeks ahead
- Amid turmoil, USA Gymnastics takes small steps forward
- NFL players, coaches protecting skin on every given sun day