FLORENCE AREA, SC (WBTW) — A mural of George Floyd just outside the city of Florence was apparently defaced over the weekend with white paint.
News13 showed you the mural, which was painted by a local artist named Narzhio Stuckey, when it was first being painted back in June. You may have seen it along East Palmetto Street, not far from the East Cheves Street intersection.
Stuckey said he believes someone damaged the mural overnight Saturday. He said when he got to it Sunday morning, some of the paint was still damp.
He added that at first he was angry, but has calmed down and wants to do ‘a bigger and better one’ with the help of another local artist.
Count on News13 for more on this story in the coming days.
- ‘Tragic’: South Carolina nursing homes have highest COVID death rate in country, AARP says
- Election commission: Memphis poll worker fired after asking voter to turn ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirt inside-out
- Tropical Storm Epsilon takes form over Central Atlantic
- Horry County mask mandate faces renewal vote on Tuesday
- Rush Limbaugh tells listeners he’s facing ‘death sentence’ from cancer fight