FLORENCE AREA, SC (WBTW) — A mural of George Floyd just outside the city of Florence was apparently defaced over the weekend with white paint.
News13 showed you the mural, which was painted by a local artist named Narzhio Stuckey, when it was first being painted back in June. You may have seen it along East Palmetto Street, not far from the East Cheves Street intersection.
Stuckey said he believes someone damaged the mural overnight Saturday. He said when he got to it Sunday morning, some of the paint was still damp.
He added that at first he was angry, but has calmed down and wants to do ‘a bigger and better one’ with the help of another local artist.
Count on News13 for more on this story in the coming days.
- Multiple dog tags among odd items found in 445-pound gator’s stomach
- Brain of ex-NFL player accused of shooting 5 to death in South Carolina before committing suicide to be ‘studied for CTE’
- One person injured when car flips over on Hwy 22 in Horry County
- Two airlines add new nonstop flights from Myrtle Beach to 7 cities, ranging from $39 to $69
- Stimulus checks: What we know about how people are spending the $1,400