HARTSVILLE, SC (WBTW) – A Hartsville man has been charged with domestic violence, high and aggravated, after a fight on Christmas night.
According to a police report, Jim Huggins, 46, was significantly intoxicated when they responded to a call at the Swift Creek Apartments around 9:45 p.m. Police said he had a small stab wound on his right forearm and told them he had been stabbed by a woman.
When police found the woman inside the apartment, they said she was still bleeding from a defensive type wound between her thumb and index finger. Police said she had two wounds on her left arm and a knot on the left side of her forehead.
The woman told police when she tried to call them, Huggins threw her down into a chair and held and squeezed her face so she could not speak. She said she could hear the officer on the phone, but could not talk. Police said this was consistent with the call they receive.
Both Huggins and the woman were treated and released from the hospital. Huggins was charged and taken to the Darlington County Detention Center.
Count on News13 for updates.
- $200,000 winning Powerball ticket sold in South Carolina is set to expire
- Newsfeed Now: Security tight at Capitol over ‘breach’ concerns; SC considers bringing back electric chair
- Myrtle Beach Trolley tours rides back in history
- Here’s why you can get a COVID shot in NC if you’ve smoked 100 or more cigarettes in your lifetime
- Florence School District 5 Chairman, Christopher Marsh, resigns