FLOYD DALE, SC (WBTW) – Hundreds turned out Saturday in support of a fundraiser in memory of fallen Florence Airport officer Jackson Winkeler.
People stopped by the Floyd Dale fire station- where Officer Winkeler had previously worked for five years- to pick up t-shirts purchased in support of the fundraiser.
The shirts were part of a fundraiser done by Southern Harps Boutique, which is owned by Ashley Galloway of Florence.
A check was presented to Officer Winkeler’s family, which totaled $4,650.
Small Town Metal of Aynor was there to present his family with a metal art badge which replicated Winkeler’s during his time as a public safety officer.
Floyd Dale Fire Chief Ray Mccormick says ‘the outpouring of community support was amazing.’
- Congressman pushing to remove restrictions on churches talking politics
- Suspended SC sheriff allegedly provided alcohol to underage person in Horry County, possessed controlled substances
- Rain expected the next several days, Watching colder air move in towards the end of the week
- Judge denies bond for suspect in deadly Waccamaw Bingo Hall shooting
- Changes to school bus routes in Socastee area due to flooding; Conway road closed