FLOYD DALE, SC (WBTW) – Hundreds turned out Saturday in support of a fundraiser in memory of fallen Florence Airport officer Jackson Winkeler.
People stopped by the Floyd Dale fire station- where Officer Winkeler had previously worked for five years- to pick up t-shirts purchased in support of the fundraiser.
The shirts were part of a fundraiser done by Southern Harps Boutique, which is owned by Ashley Galloway of Florence.
A check was presented to Officer Winkeler’s family, which totaled $4,650.
Small Town Metal of Aynor was there to present his family with a metal art badge which replicated Winkeler’s during his time as a public safety officer.
Floyd Dale Fire Chief Ray Mccormick says ‘the outpouring of community support was amazing.’
- More “non-essential” businesses close
- Allstate Insurance giving partial refunds of premiums for April and May
- Conway city leaders take precautions in the fight against the coronavirus
- SC DEW says quarantine does not qualify for unemployment
- Survey: People working from home are neglecting personal hygiene