DARLINGTON, SC – (WBTW) – A male inmate in Darlington died Saturday after a cardiac event, according to authorities.
The inmate was taken from the W. Glenn Detention Center to an area hospital by Darlington County EMS early Saturday afternoon, according to a press release from Lieutenant Robby Kilgo with the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office.
The inmate died at the emergency room and ‘was known to suffer from atrial fibrillation,’ the release said. The inmate was a federal prisoner.
News13 reported Friday a female inmate died at the hospital following a medical episode at the Darlington County jail.
- CCU shifts to Phase 2 of COVID-19 operations, allowing for face-to-face flexibility
- Living Local Carolina: The Oldest African-American Owned Barber Shop In South Carolina Is In Marion At Over 100 Years Old
- First U.S. Johnson & Johnson vaccine doses should be available for injections Tuesday
- Living Local Carolina: Charcuterie Boards Made Easy With The Board Catering & Events
- Mother, boyfriend charged after 6-year-old killed, dumped in river, police say