DARLINGTON, SC – (WBTW) – A male inmate in Darlington died Saturday after a cardiac event, according to authorities.
The inmate was taken from the W. Glenn Detention Center to an area hospital by Darlington County EMS early Saturday afternoon, according to a press release from Lieutenant Robby Kilgo with the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office.
The inmate died at the emergency room and ‘was known to suffer from atrial fibrillation,’ the release said. The inmate was a federal prisoner.
News13 reported Friday a female inmate died at the hospital following a medical episode at the Darlington County jail.
- Lawsuit filed against 2 local bars, Myrtle Beach man charged with DUI
- DHEC: Horry County sees 82 new COVID-19 cases; county-by-county breakdown
- Judge says Breonna Taylor grand juror can speak about case
- Rapper accused of fraudulently getting $1.2M in jobless benefits after boastful music video
- Ohio felon accused of using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart