UPDATE: The inmate who died in the Florence County Detention Center on Sunday has been identified by the coroner as Lloyd Bradley Turner, 45, of Florence.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
The incident is being investigated by the SC Law Enforcement Division and Florence County Coroner’s Office. No further details are available at this time.
Count on News13 for details as we work to gather more information.
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – An inmate at Florence County Detention Center died Sunday, authorities say.
The inmate was found dead in his cell around 4:20 p.m. Sunday, a press release says.
The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is investigating.
That is all the information being released at this time.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Four Horry County zip codes are in the top 10 for most coronavirus cases in S.C.
- Investigation underway at OK zoo formerly owned by Joe Exotic
- Trump says executive order will include DACA recipients
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- Slowing the spread; Lumbee Tribe hosts free COVID-19 testing