UPDATE: The inmate who died in the Florence County Detention Center on Sunday has been identified by the coroner as Lloyd Bradley Turner, 45, of Florence.
An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
The incident is being investigated by the SC Law Enforcement Division and Florence County Coroner’s Office. No further details are available at this time.
Count on News13 for details as we work to gather more information.
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – An inmate at Florence County Detention Center died Sunday, authorities say.
The inmate was found dead in his cell around 4:20 p.m. Sunday, a press release says.
The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division is investigating.
That is all the information being released at this time.
Count on News13 for updates.
- A beautiful weekend ahead
- Laurinburg police: Man found with gunshot, airlifted to hospital ‘in serious condition’
- SC Forestry Commission issues statewide ‘Red Flag Fire Alert’; Horry Co. issues burn ban
- 2 Tidelands Health employees test positive for COVID-19
- Color the Weather: Isaiah