MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Marlboro County deputies are investigating after a 3-year-old was hospitalized from an apparent overdose, according to a news release from the sheriff’s office.

Deputies said the child reportedly overdosed from ingesting “substantial” amounts of gummies containing THC and was airlifted to a hospital due to the severity of the symptoms.

No other information was immediately available.

📲 Download the News13 app to stay updated on the go.
📧 Sign up for WBTW email alerts to have breaking news sent to your inbox.
💻 Find today’s top stories on for the Grand Strand and Pee Dee.

Count on News13 for updates.