MULLINS, SC (WBTW) - Multiple fire crews are battling a brush fire at the Marion County landfill in Mullins Thursday afternoon.
According to a Facebook post from the Marion Rural Fire Department, crews were called to the landfill, located at 1247 Red Bluff Ct., around 9:20 a.m. Thursday morning.
Firefighters from Mullins Fire and Rescue, Marion Rural Fire Department, Temperance Fire Department, Marion City Fire Department, Horry County Fire and Rescue Station 6 and Station 41 are working to put out the blaze. Fire officials report water shuttle operations are underway.
Disaster-trained volunteers with the Palmetto SC Region of the American Red Cross are responding to support the firefighters as they battle the large fire. Volunteers are providing water, Gatorade and snacks to firefighters. The Red Cross will continue this support for as long as the help is needed.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- AP Top Business News at 1:18 a.m. EST
- Murdered convenience store clerk's sister speaks after suspect pleads guilty
- High court lets military implement transgender restrictions
- Latest: Los Angeles teachers OK contract, will end strike