FLORENCE COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — TJ Joye was sworn in Monday as the new Florence County Sheriff.
Joye talked to News13 about his goals for the office and giving up his job as the head football coach at Carolina Academy.
“I really don’t believe I could do both,” Joye said. “As much time as it takes coaching the way we do it there with conditioning, workouts — so me running for sheriff and trying to do that…would just take away from the sheriff’s office. I’m going to give the people of Florence County, the citizens, 110% of my time.”
Joye was a former highway patrol lieutenant.
- Sunshine returns today as we remain mild
- Pres. Trump pardons former top strategist Steve Bannon, 72 others and 70 commutations
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- ‘He always had us’: Horry County police officers remember Officer Melton ‘Fox’ Gore at public visitation
- (19) Missouri shoots well, takes down South Carolina, 81-70