CHERAW, SC (WBTW) – No injuries were reported after a Cheraw home was destroyed in a fire.
The call for a fire at a two-story wooden home on Church Street was received around 10:30 p.m. Monday, according to Chief Marvin Murray, with the Cheraw Fire Department. Crews arrived to heavy fire and smoke at the back of the home, which spread to several out-buildings.
One resident was home at the time of the fire and was able to escape the home after smelling smoke. Another resident wasn’t home at the time.
Mutual aid was provided by the Brocksville and Tealsville fire departments.
No one was injured, but Chief Murray says the home is a total loss.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Payment dates released for advanced child tax credit
- Deputy spots fake cop pulling woman over in NC, arrests him
- Daughter of NC man killed by brain-eating amoeba warning others about jumping into the water this summer
- ‘It’s amazing.’ Two-story mural on Charlotte home reminding people to pause and just be happy
- NO VOTE: Public records show Capitol rioters from NC didn’t vote in the election