HARTSVILLE, SC AREA (WBTW) – No injuries were reported after a freight train derailed in Darlington County, according to Lt. Robert Kilgo, with the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office.
Swift Creek Road will remain blocked at the train tracks until Tuesday. Hartsville city officials ask drivers to please plan their commute accordingly.
It happened early Friday morning in the area of Swift Creek Road and Casual Street near Hartsville.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- Coastal Carolina prepares to welcome limited fans into football stadium during coronavirus pandemic
- 4 people rescued from vehicle in flood water in Horry County
- Native American ancestral remains, artifacts returned to U.S. soil
- Rain ending tonight, slowly clearing tomorrow
- Crews respond to 2-alarm fire at wholesale discount store in Georgetown County