DILLON COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — One person is dead after a car crashed into a ditch and caught fire in Dillon County, according to Dillon County Coroner Donnie Grimsley.
A body was found in a burnt car along McNiel Farm Road in the Hamer area Tuesday morning, according to Grimsley. The road is a dirt road that runs up to the North Carolina state line.
Grimsley said the vehicle ran off the roadway and into a ditch before catching fire.
The identity of the person has not been released. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
- South Carolina’s Sales Tax Holiday kicks off August 7
- 2 dead after tornado hit mobile home park in North Carolina, crews search for others
- Watch: Massive explosions rock Beirut with widespread damage, injuries
- Garden City crews are pushing sand and water off streets
- Crews working to clear downed trees from Horry County roads