DILLON COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — One person is dead after a car crashed into a ditch and caught fire in Dillon County, according to Dillon County Coroner Donnie Grimsley.
A body was found in a burnt car along McNiel Farm Road in the Hamer area Tuesday morning, according to Grimsley. The road is a dirt road that runs up to the North Carolina state line.
Grimsley said the vehicle ran off the roadway and into a ditch before catching fire.
The identity of the person has not been released. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
- Marion County School District preparing for Virtual Academy
- Surfside Beach restaurant owner says couple cited for not wearing masks were ‘abrasive,’ created ‘uncomfortable atmosphere’
- Eric Trump says Harris as Biden’s VP doesn’t worry Trump campaign
- ‘My daughter is the only thing that I have left,’ grieving dad says after pregnant wife hit, killed by alleged impaired driver
- Washington man stuck in woods for 3 days saved by his dog