UPDATE – 05/22/2020 4:30 P.M. – Marlboro County Coroner Tim Brown identified the person killed in the crash as Vernon Parker of McColl. Parker was 47 years old.
MARLBORO COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — One person died after a three-vehicle crash in Marlboro County Thursday evening.
The crash happened around 5:27 p.m. on US 15/401 near Mt. Zion Church Rd., according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.
A vehicle was traveling east on US 15 and stopped to make a left turn onto Mt. Zion Church Road, and a second vehicle was traveling west on US 15, according to Master Trooper David Jones, with South Carolina Highway Patrol. A tractor-trailer, traveling east on US 15 couldn’t stop and hit the first vehicle before going left of center and hitting the second vehicle head on.
All three drivers were wearing seatbelts, but the driver of the second vehicle died on scene, Jones said. The driver of the first vehicle was taken to the hospital and the driver of the tractor-trailer was uninjured.
The identity of the person who died has not been released. We’ve reached out to South Carolina Highway Patrol for more information. Count on News13 for updates.
- 6th-grade teacher in NC charged with multiple child sex crimes thanks to cyber tip
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Scattered thunderstorms each afternoon
- Inmate sues for masks to be distributed to all prisoners at J. Reuben Long
- Robeson County Sheriff’s Office needs help identifying suspects in unsolved homicides