DARLINGTON COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — One person died after a house fire in Darlington County, according to Darlington County Coroner Todd Hardee.
The fire happened on Harry Byrd Highway shortly after noon Monday. Roosevelt Fox was pronounced dead on scene, Hardee said.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday at MUSC in Charleston. The fire remains under investigation.
LATEST PEE DEE HEADLINES:
- Missing Robeson County man has been located and is with family
- Deputies in Darlington County hand out meals to those in need for Thanksgiving
- Police investigate after 8-year-old shot in Mullins
- Woman found dead in Dillon; man charged with domestic violence in separate issue
- Bicyclist killed after being struck by car in Darlington County