DILLON COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead following an early Sunday morning crash in Dillon County, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol Lance Corporal Tyler Tidwell.
The driver was traveling east on Bunker Hill Road in a 2005 GMC Yukon when they ran off the road towards the left, overcorrected, ran off the road to the right, struck a ditch, overturned and struck a light pole.
It happened around 1:00 a.m. on Bunker Hill Road near Corey’s Court.
The driver of the vehicle wasn’t wearing a seatbelt and was injured. They were transported by EMS to McLeod Dillon where they later died as a result of their injuries.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Sidney Moorer asks state supreme court to overturn obstruction of justice conviction
- FBI searching for ‘Too Tall Bandit’ accused of robbing at least 16 banks in SC, NC, TN since 2009
- Lawsuit: Student sickened by mold at St. James Elementary School
- Second stimulus check update: Group pushes $908B plan to break virus relief impasse
- Barr: No evidence of widespread voter fraud