UPDATE: The person who died in a crash between a tractor-trailer and a pick-up has been identified as Walter Barr, 64, of Darlington, according to Coroner Keith von Lutcken. He was driving the pick-up and was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger was transported to an area hospital, where they are listed in critical condition. The incident is under investigation by the SC Highway Patrol.
FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead after a crash between a tractor-trailer and a pick-up truck in Florence County.
The crash happened around 6 a.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 378, according to Master Trooper Brian Lee, with the SC Highway Patrol.
A Kenworth tractor-trailer was traveling west on U.S. Hwy. 378, Lee said. The driver of a 2018 Chevrolet pick-up stopped at stop sign at SC Hwy. 51 and U.S. Hwy. 378, failed to yield the right-of-way and was struck by the tractor-trailer.
The driver of the pick-up truck was killed.
A passenger in the pick-up truck was taken to an area hospital. No details on their condition are available.
The driver of the tractor-trailer wasn’t injured.
All occupants of the vehicles involved were wearing seat belts.
Count on News13 for updates.
- CBS suspends ‘The Amazing Race’ production over coronavirus fears
- Trump Administration touts policies helping African American-owned businesses
- Man charged with murder in 2016 shooting death of 78-year-old woman at Myrtle Beach Mall
- Coastal Football announces full 2020 schedule
- Sunny and cool weekend with a big warm up next week