UPDATE: The coroner has identified a pedestrian hit and killed by a vehicle last night as Randy Rich, 64, of Effingham.
The incident occurred on Walker Swinton Road and is under investigation by the SC Highway Patrol. No further details are available at this time.
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead after being hit by a car in Florence County on Thursday.
According to the South Carolina Highway Patrol, the crash happened on Walker Swinton Road near the intersection with McDaniel Road at approximately 7:40 p.m. A pedestrian was walking north on the northbound side of Walker Swinton Road when they were hit by a cart traveling north.
Highway Patrol says the pedestrian was not wearing any reflective clothing at the time. The pedestrian was taken to a local hospital where they later died.
The crash is under investigation by the Highway Patrol. Count on News13 for updates.
- Coastal men’s golf wins the AGT Intercollegiate in Kiawah Island
- Foot of snow blankets parts of Midwest, disrupts travel
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos
- Florida ‘Paramedic of the Year’ arrested in theft of COVID vaccines
- Belk will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy but plans to stay open