UPDATE: The coroner has identified a pedestrian hit and killed by a vehicle last night as Randy Rich, 64, of Effingham.
The incident occurred on Walker Swinton Road and is under investigation by the SC Highway Patrol. No further details are available at this time.
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead after being hit by a car in Florence County on Thursday.
According to the South Carolina Highway Patrol, the crash happened on Walker Swinton Road near the intersection with McDaniel Road at approximately 7:40 p.m. A pedestrian was walking north on the northbound side of Walker Swinton Road when they were hit by a cart traveling north.
Highway Patrol says the pedestrian was not wearing any reflective clothing at the time. The pedestrian was taken to a local hospital where they later died.
The crash is under investigation by the Highway Patrol. Count on News13 for updates.
- Warmer today with better rain chances
- New Horry County ‘alternative school’ design approved, costs $5 million more than expected
- North Myrtle Beach passes oceanfront parking changes
- Loris & Socastee name new high school football coaches
- UNC squanders double-digit lead in 6th straight loss, 77-76, at Notre Dame