MARION COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — A pedestrian died after being struck by a car in Marion County Friday night, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol (SCHP).
SCHP said the crash happened on Hwy 501 near Aiken Road around 8:45 p.m. A 2014 Honda was traveling south on Hwy 501 and struck a pedestrian crossing the roadway, troopers said.
The driver of the Honda was wearing a seatbelt.
The identity of the person killed has not been released. Count on News13 for updates.
- DHEC: Horry County sees 82 new COVID-19 cases; county-by-county breakdown
- Judge says Breonna Taylor grand juror can speak about case
- Rapper accused of fraudulently getting $1.2M in jobless benefits after boastful music video
- Ohio felon accused of using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart
- US Justice Department hits Google with biggest antitrust lawsuit in two decades