HARTSVILLE AREA, SC (WBTW) – A family in the Pee Dee is getting help from volunteers after a fire damaged their Hartsville area home.
Darlington County fire responded to a structure fire call on Ashland Road Thursday around 10:30 a.m., according to Chief Ricky Flowers. That’s where first responders found a double-wide mobile home up in flames. Chief Flowers said it was about 80 percent involved.
With the help of Alligator fire, along with Darlington County EMS and the sheriff’s office, crews were able to contain the fire within an hour or so, Chief Flowers said.
No injuries were reported. No one was home during the fire.
Fire officials believe a space heater sparked the fire.
The American Red Cross is helping the family of four with food, clothing, lodging and other essentials, a press release from the organization said.
- Large police presence for ‘disturbance’ at Myrtle Beach hotel
- In the Pee Dee, high school football ‘is huge not only for the community, but our kids’
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Deputies investigate deadly shooting at mobile home park near Lumberton
- 1 dead in 3-vehicle crash on US 378 in Florence County