FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – A person was killed after the pick-up truck they were driving crossed the center line and struck a semi-truck head on in Florence County.
The crash happened around 6:45 a.m. Wednesday on East Campground Road, which is also known as Secondary 1743, according to Master Trooper Brian Lee, with the South Carolina Highway Patrol. Two vehicles were involved in the crash: a 2007 Peterbuilt semi-truck and a 1999 Chevrolet Silverado pick-up truck.
The semi-truck was traveling east on East Campground Road and the pick-up truck was traveling west on the same road, when the pick-up truck crossed the center line and struck the semi-truck head on, Lee said.
The driver of the semi-truck was wearing a seat belt and wasn’t injured. The driver of the pick-up truck wasn’t wearing a seat belt and was killed.
No charges have been filed at this time.
The Florence County Coroner’s Office hasn’t released the identity of the person who died.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it
- Gambino crime family’s elder Gotti, Peter, dies in North Carolina prison
- UNCP mobile clinic takes vaccines on the road, gives students frontline experience
- SCHSL and SCISA basketball playoff scores, February 25
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines