UPDATE 11:20 a.m.: The teen girl attacked by a pit on Sunday has been released from the hospital. She is recovering at home and her condition is “good,” according to Florence County Chief Deputy Glen Kirby.
The dog is now with Florence County Environmental Services, which provides animal control, in Effingham.
FLORENCE COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – A teen girl is left with serious injuries following an attack by a pit bull in Florence County, deputies said.
Deputies got the call around 11:22 Sunday morning that a 17-year-old had been attacked by her neighbor’s dog, according to Florence County Chief Deputy Glen Kirby.
When first responders arrived to the 2100 block of Converse Drive, they found the victim with injuries to her left arm and ‘serious’ injuries to her head, according to Chief Deputy Kirby.
She is being treated for those injuries now.
Florence County Environmental Services took the dog away, Kirby said.
Both the Florence County Sheriff’s Office and Environmental Services are investigating this incident.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Isaias exits and leaves behind nice weather today
- Los Angeles police respond to large party at Beverly Hills mansion reportedly held for NFL player
- Horry County Fire Rescue assisting with structure fires in Ocean Isle Beach after Isaias landfall
- North Myrtle Beach fire and rescue crews responded to multiple house fires, water rescues
- Crews on scene of house fire in North Myrtle Beach