UPDATE 10:20 A.M. SUNDAY – The Florence County coroner has identified the victim of Saturday night’s deadly shooting on Ervin Court in Florence.
Christopher Gibson, 19, of Florence died following the shooting, according to Florence County Coroner Keith von Lutcken. Gibson was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy is expected to be performed at the Medical University of Charleston.
Florence police are still investigating this incident. Count on News13 for updates.
UPDATE 9:40 P.M. SATURDAY: Florence County coroner Keith von Lutcken has confirmed one person is dead.
Count on News13 for updates.
FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – One person was hurt Saturday in a shooting in Florence, according to police.
Florence police responded to a shots fired call around 7:46 p.m., according to a press release from Captain Mike Brandt. When officers got to the 600 block of Ervin Court, they found one victim with injuries, the release said.
The victim was taken to the hospital by Florence County EMS. It’s unclear how serious their injuries are.
Police say the investigation into this incident is still ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Florence Police Department at 843-665-3191. Count on News13 for updates as we learn more.
- In hidden message on White House website, Biden calls for coders
- 4-year-old boy gives National Guard members cookies, gets American flag patch in return
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- ‘His corrupt friends all come first.’ Tiger King reacts to not being pardoned by Trump
- Biden signs executive orders on climate, virus