FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – On the campaign trail, Democratic presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke stopped in the Pee Dee as he continues his bid for the Democratic nomination.
O’Rourke made a stop at Seminar Brewing in Florence where he touted community and the importance of local businesses.
“Making sure that we continue to invest in this community, in our downtown, provide reasons for young people to stay here or to come back here, if they have left. Incredibly important getting behind local entrepreneurs, business owners, Seminar Brewing and others to make sure that they’re successful right here in Florence.” Said O’Rourke
In response to O’Rourke’s visit, the Republican National Committee RNC Spokesman Joe Jackson released the following statement; “Beto O’Rourke’s out-of-touch policies from open borders to government-run healthcare would only serve to harm people across the Palmetto State. As Beto will find out, South Carolinians thriving from President Trump’s tax cuts aren’t interested in his socialist, regressive agenda.”
South Carolina draws in a lot of the candidates because of the state’s
“First in the South” primary in February.
- A warm & wet start to the week, followed by a cool down
- Living Local Carolina: Autism And Intellectual Disabilities Non-Profit, SOS Care, Builds Neighborhood Made Solely For Autistic Adults
- Living Local Carolina: Johnny D’s Waffles And Benedicts Is Opening A Third Location
- Biker bars prepare for fall rally after state officials address summer rally concerns
- Pee Dee restaurant owner food sales increase during pandemic