MCCOLL AREA, SC (WBTW) – The driver of a pickup truck was killed after hitting a commercial vehicle head-on Saturday afternoon, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
The wreck happened around 1:15 p.m. on Highway 381 about a mile north of McColl, according to Corporal Sonny Collins with SCHP.
Collins said the driver of a 2005 Dodge pick-up truck was heading north on Highway 381 when they drove left of center and hit a 2000 Freightliner head-on.
The driver of the pick-up truck was killed, Collins said, and a passenger was taken to a hospital.
The driver of the Freightliner was uninjured.
The name of the driver killed has not been released yet. Count on News13 for updates.
- Myrtle Beach police to release details of investigation into Officer Hancher’s death
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- Surfside Beach man arrested for burglary, kidnapping
- Horry County Schools elementary student was sexually assaulted on school bus, ‘in full view of driver,’ lawsuit claims
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties