MCCOLL AREA, SC (WBTW) – The driver of a pickup truck was killed after hitting a commercial vehicle head-on Saturday afternoon, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
The wreck happened around 1:15 p.m. on Highway 381 about a mile north of McColl, according to Corporal Sonny Collins with SCHP.
Collins said the driver of a 2005 Dodge pick-up truck was heading north on Highway 381 when they drove left of center and hit a 2000 Freightliner head-on.
The driver of the pick-up truck was killed, Collins said, and a passenger was taken to a hospital.
The driver of the Freightliner was uninjured.
The name of the driver killed has not been released yet. Count on News13 for updates.
- Aynor Middle School receives $18K grant for enhancement of the arts
- Man’s body found in Pawleys Island by woman walking dog
- President Trump set to pay respects to Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- 1 dead after early morning shooting in Marion County
- Fatal one-vehicle collision in Georgetown County early Thursday morning