MARION AREA, SC (WBTW) – A motorcyclist is dead following a crash on Highway 501 near Marion.
The wreck happened around 11:15 in front of Sparky’s convenience store, according to Cpl. Sonny Collins with South Carolina Highway Patrol.
A Honda SUV was pulling out of the Sparky’s parking lot, when it hit a 2014 Harley Davidson motorcycle heading north.
The driver of the motorcycle was killed. Marion County Coroner Jerry Richardson identified the driver a Michael Puckett, he was 73-years-old from Biscoe N.C. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
The driver of the Honda is being charged with failure to yield right of way.
Count on News13 for updates.
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Conway Police respond to hit-and-run crash involving motorcycle, two taken to hospital
- Man airlifted to hospital after Robeson County shooting
- First glimpse inside Louisiana’s makeshift hospital during coronavirus pandemic
- President Trump says ‘social distancing’ guidelines extended 30 days to April 30