MARION AREA, SC (WBTW) – A motorcyclist is dead following a crash on Highway 501 near Marion.
The wreck happened around 11:15 in front of Sparky’s convenience store, according to Cpl. Sonny Collins with South Carolina Highway Patrol.
A Honda SUV was pulling out of the Sparky’s parking lot, when it hit a 2014 Harley Davidson motorcycle heading north.
The driver of the motorcycle was killed. Marion County Coroner Jerry Richardson identified the driver a Michael Puckett, he was 73-years-old from Biscoe N.C. He was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
The driver of the Honda is being charged with failure to yield right of way.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Duke Energy explains how North Carolina dams, watershed have contributed to Horry County flooding
- Body found by railroad tracks in Georgia turns out to be sex doll
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19
- SCHSL to meet Wednesday to discuss the status of high school football, fall sports
- 2 wanted, one in custody in connection with ‘large fight’ on Ocean Blvd