MCCOLL AREA, SC (WBTW) – The Marlboro County Coroner’s Office has identified the person who died in a head-on wreck Saturday just north of McColl.
Donna Scott, 39, of McColl, was pronounced dead on scene, according to Marlboro County Coroner Tim Brown.
She was driving a 2005 Dodge pick-up truck during the wreck, authorities say.
The wreck happened around 1:15 p.m. on Highway 381 about a mile north of McColl, according to Corporal Sonny Collins with SCHP.
Collins said the driver of a 2005 Dodge pick-up truck was heading north on Highway 381 when the truck went left of center and hit a 2000 Freightliner head-on.
The driver of the pick-up truck was killed, Collins said, and a passenger was taken to a hospital.
The driver of the Freightliner was uninjured.
- Man charged, accused of putting ‘I ❤️ Being White’ stickers on cars at NC Mexican restaurants
- PBS Kids show ‘Arthur’ ending after 25 years
- US women pocketing medals at Olympic swimming pool
- ‘I am safe, I am loved’: Boy stabbed, set on fire by father adopted by detective
- Newsfeed Now: Simone Biles withdraws from all-around gymnastics competition; Shopper goes on the attack after debit card declined