WEST FLORENCE, SC AREA (WBTW) – West Florence Fire Rescue crews responded to a house fire caused by a lightning strike Tuesday morning.
Dwight Mobley, fire marshal for the department, says crews responded to Brockton Lane around 6:15 a.m. for the fire. The fire was contained to the attic and there was minor damage to bedrooms.
The occupants of the home were alerted to the fire by smoke detectors and were able to get out of the home safely.
The City of Florence Fire Department and Florence County EMS also responded to the fire.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Macaulay Culkin, Brenda Song announce birth of first child together
- Off-duty nurse helps mother deliver baby in parking garage
- ‘Unidentified person’ entered unlocked suite at NC State University residence hall, police say
- Police: 74-year-old Florida man tried to pay 17-year-old for sex
- Florida woman hit, killed by bullet as neighbor’s gun discharges