FLORENCE, SC (WBTW) – Students at West Florence High School were dismissed at noon Friday after the district was notified of a threat made on SnapChat.
A statement on the school’s Facebook page stated there was currently no known threats to West Florence High, but the number of students signing out to leave school early caused security concerns.
Communications specialist for Florence One Schools Melisa Rollins confirmed Friday morning that the district was made aware that a threat had been made on SnapChat about West Florence High School.
“We will have extra deputies with us during the school day and run on a modified code yellow. We are working diligently to get to the bottom of this and will keep you up to date with the situation,” the initial statement from Rollins said.
The post on the school’s Facebook page says West Florence High will no longer accept sign outs after 11:30 a.m. and parents should plan to wait for their child in the car line.