UPDATE: Man electrocuted while working at Georgetown High School

News
ambulance generic

GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – A man was electrocuted while working at Georgetown High School on Thursday.

The man was working as a subcontractor at the school when he was electrocuted, according to Ray White, public information officer for Georgetown County Schools. EMS responded and the man was taken to Georgetown Memorial Hospital.

“All agencies and authorities have been notified about this accident and it is being investigated,” said White. “Our prayers go out to the individual’s family and friends.”

The Georgetown County Coroner’s Office previously told News13 it was responding to Georgetown Hospital after a possible fall at the school.

The coroner’s office identified the man who died as Jeremy Starks, 28, of Myrtle Beach.

Count on News13 for updates.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.