NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD/WBTW) – Crews are working on a train derailment that happened early Tuesday morning in North Charleston.
According to CSX, five empty railcars were knocked off the track near Rivers Avenue just after 8:00 a.m.
CSX tells News13’s sister station WCBD News 2 there were no leaks or spills of any freight and no injuries reported.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
Officers with the North Charleston Police Department assisted in directing traffic in the area, according to Deputy Chief Scott Deckard. Rivers Ave. and Meeting Street are both open to traffic.
- US fines Delta $50,000 for booting off 3 Muslim passengers
- NC woman wins $5 million in two lottery games
- UNC beats Miami 94-71 to end 5-game skid; Williams surpasses Smith in all-time wins
- Three charged after woman found dead in burned Lumberton home
- Five people found dead inside a North Carolina home, investigation underway