NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD/WBTW) – Crews are working on a train derailment that happened early Tuesday morning in North Charleston.
According to CSX, five empty railcars were knocked off the track near Rivers Avenue just after 8:00 a.m.
CSX tells News13’s sister station WCBD News 2 there were no leaks or spills of any freight and no injuries reported.
The cause of the incident is under investigation.
Officers with the North Charleston Police Department assisted in directing traffic in the area, according to Deputy Chief Scott Deckard. Rivers Ave. and Meeting Street are both open to traffic.
- NCDOT closes portions of HWY NC-12 following recent ocean overwash
- NC 2-year-old dies from self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say
- NC Central student injured after stray bullet breaks dorm room window, officials say
- SC Legislature 2-week special session ends with money talk
- Unidentified body dug up in SC after 45 years to try to match DNA